Here's the final version.
This is the first rough, just getting basic shapes. I used a photo ref for the base pose.
I was trying to figure out what to do with her front leg as the pose seems a little unnatural. Though what I was trying to do was even more unnatural. So I just went back to the photo.
Here I'm trying to clean up her eyes by redrawing from scratch, but they completely lost their character.
So I went back to the original eyes. Gotta love layers! And added the background.
The painting was done on about 20 layers. For each element usually a flat color, then various lighting/shading layers on top.